ARASHI & THEIR ACTS OF KINDNESS:- There’s a guy on twitter who once told his encounter with Arashi in an elevator at a TV station. He was listening to Arashi songs through his music player when Arashi stepped into the elevator. He played the song too loud that the sound leaked from his earphones. Surprised to hear their own songs, Arashi gave him high-fives.
- After the Tohoku Earthquake in 2011, Arashi cancelled their scheduled concert at Tokyo Dome and replaced it with their own charity event, Arashi no Waku Waku Gakkou to conserve electricity and collect donations. They also released the books “Nippon no Arashi” and all of the profits gained from the sales were donated to charity. It’s reported that they donated approx. 300 million yen to 3 prefectures; part of the amount came from their OWN pockets. Arashi also spent 30 minutes once in a week for their special radio show, Arashi in Miyagi, to cheer up the citizens of Miyagi.
- According to NTV announcer, Hatori Shinichi, Arashi was really thoughtful about the victims. They said, “We don’t know whether laughing on TV at times like this is good or it should be cut, but we think that’s the only thing we can do for now.”
- Arashi also helped Tohoku through their individual works. For News Zero, Sho went to help a damaged town with the reconstruction. According to the people of the town, he was very helpful and hardworking even when the cameras were not rolling. He’s willing to let himself covered with mud just like everyone else.
- Aiba went to cheer up the children with animals. The teachers said the children were more excited to see Aiba than the animals that they kept circling around him and hugging him. Aiba was so friendly with the children. When he was about to leave, he kept waving at them non-stop with a smiling face until his van was no longer seen.
- Arashi made a request to Fuji TV to invite the earthquake victims to their VS Arashi recording in 2011 and they also requested to have a handshake event with them.
- Arashi took some time from their busy schedules to visit several damaged prefectures to hold mini concerts and had handshake events with the earthquake victims in 2012 and 2013.
- For the 2013 Kotatsu de Arashi, they held a special segment called “10-sec challenges Matsuri” and asked the viewers to send the games they wanted to see Arashi play, and the senders were invited to watch the filming. But since there’s not enough time, Arashi wasn’t able to play all of them. Considering there were audiences who came all the way from other cities to see Arashi played their games, Arashi decided on their own to keep on playing even though the recording was supposed to be over. Some of the audiences had a talk with the staff before leaving, commenting how kind Arashi was. The staff replied with, “They ARE kind, to the point that it’s unbelievable. They are just a bunch of very kind people. Maybe that’s why they have so many fans.”
- Arashi worked voluntarily for 24-Hour Television, but the public are only aware of this after some medias mistakenly reported that Arashi was paid 5 million yen for their appearance. NTV cleared the misreport by stating that even though all involved talents are paid for the charity event, Arashi chose to donate their 5 million yen to the charity. They have been doing that every year they appear on that event.THESE EXPLAIN WHY I’M THEIR BIG FAN.
Chinen on VSA!! 12/5
SHUN-chaaaan! can you be less adorable sometimes?
Yorozu Uranaidokoro Onmyouya e Yokoso (ep 7)
Hyuga Toru fashion style - Episode 3
Japanese idol group Arashi’s new album Love is the world’s best-selling album! (posted November 2, 2013)Japanese idol group Arashi’s new album “Love” is the world’s best-selling album selling 670.000 copies in its first week at retail, according to Oricon. Sales have already exceeded those of B’Z’s greatest hits Album “B’z The Best XXV 1988-1998” which debuted at No.1 after selling 579,000 copies. “Love” is the Japanese Album which sold the most in 2013 in its first week! “Love” is Arashi’s 11th consecutive chart-toppng album. The only other Japanese act to have topped the Album ranking for 11 consecutive years is the Group Exile!
Read the whole article here: http://www.worldmusicawards.com/index.php/news/japanese-idol-group-arashis-new-album-love-worlds-best-selling-album/
Me when I overestimate how much someone likes me
Yo, Pepsi fired some shots, but Coca Cola bazooka’d them back.
アーティスト・ドキュメント「西島隆弘」AAA - 2012 [FULL]